Monday, March 12, 2007

Vacation day #1

5yo and I got up to see everyone off this morning. I put him back to bed and all the little ones slept until 8am! Nice. We had a leisurely morning.

I did the Resurrection Eggs with them at school time. They loved those. I plan to do them everyday this week. It was almost time for lunch so I gave them a coloring sheet and set the timer for them to color for 15 min while I made lunch. With 1 min left to go 4yo is fighting with 2yo and crying a fit. 2yo colored on his paper and neither of them want to color anymore. I spanked both of them and gave them speeches about stealing and forgiving. I set the timer for 5 more minutes and told them they need to practice coloring *happily*.

I could tell that 5yo still wasn't feeling so hot. He was droopy and hadn't smiled all day. After lunch I put him and Baby Girl down for naps. He didn't like that idea. I told him to lie in his bed and rest and I would check on him in 45 min. If he was resting but awake I would let him get up. He was asleep in 5 min and slept 2 hours. It was obvious that both the little boys missed him today. He just wasn't himself and didn't play much.

I put the other 2 boys outside and left both downstairs doors open since the weather was sooo beautiful. They must have come in 25 times to tell me this or that, show me the snail, or ask for something else. Meanwhile I worked in the school room reorganizing it and listening to their chatter. Boys are BIG fun!

I took out 2 big trash bags of trash from the school room and you can't even tell. In fact it looks worse than before b/c I stirred up a bigger mess! I do this every spring. It's good to be in there again.

When the nappers awoke we all went out to the front yard to ride bikes in the street. We put Baby Girl in the stroller and took her and Joey for a little walk.

Back inside for dinner, baths, and a Scooby Doo. 4yo feel asleep on my bed.

Now everyone is in bed. 4 more vacation days left. I think Joey and I are going to watch a movie and make some juice.



No comments: