"The Lord thunders at the head of his army, his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command." Joel 2:11
Remember how the wars of old were fought with the king leading the forces on his horse and everyone behind him? That's how it is in the books anyway. Now we protect our president at all costs and he never sees the battle field. He gives his orders from afar and the troops are sent. If I were a soldier I would trust the king of old more than the president of today. I would like the idea of knowing that I'm not just sent to do his bidding, but that he himself is leading the way and knows the costs involved.
And so I like the way the Lord does it. How He goes before us leading and preparing the way. This verse sounds so powerful and aggressive. Forces beyond measure, just like the stars. "and mighty are those who obey his command" Mightier than the enemy, mighty in the strength given by the Lord.
This is our new memory/dictation verse. I think my boys will especially enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment