For the first time in a long time I slept through the night!! I woke up at 5:30 and felt like a new person. Ahhhhh......Thank you Lord!!
It was a good thing b/c I had much to do this morning since some of my family would be gone. I made a loaf of bread, granola bars, and cereal all before anyone even woke up. I also made their lunches to take with them. That felt so good!!
After they left, I started feeling like I needed a nap. But since I still have 5 kids and it was only 9am, that wasn't really an option. I decided to put Baby Girl down for a short nap and clean my room really nice. I watched a Rachel Ray while I worked. I wanted inspiration for tonight's dinner but what she made looked yucky.
Her nap didn't last long. I bundled up the boys and sent them outside. That didn't last long either. They were cold. While they were outside, I got LB started on cutting the squares for the quilt she's making. When the boys came in, the whole atmosphere of the house changed. Baby Girl was eating the dirt from our seedlings while the boys were cooking with the play food and making Super Shaggy sandwiches. I think she got used to the quiet even though it was less than 30 minutes. She said,"I thought this was going to be a quiet thing." Nope.
Lunch was left over soup and left over homemade ice cream (I got a new ice cream maker!).
#3 just called to say they won their first game! Yea!! He scored 2 goals. The next one is at 3pm. No pictures of this game. Honey said it was too cold. They are in NW AR so its colder there than here.
I read books to the little ones while LB cleaned up the kitchen. Now Baby Girl is down for a nap, the little boys are playing in quiet time, LB is working on her quilt, and I'm about to plug in my MP3 and work on dinner for tonight. It's been a good day.
1 comment:
You should let us know when they are having games here and we could go watch!
Post a Comment