Thursday, March 22, 2007

Time

How can it be Thursday already? It was just Monday! I feel like my life is flying by and I'm on roller skates. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a big deal if I could just remember it all. But I can't. I was going to write something in my prayer journal before bed last night when I re-read what I had written that morning. I couldn't even remember writing that and it was just from that morning! It could've easily been last month and I wouldn't have known the difference. That's a good lesson that I need to write more, it's my only record of what has happened. I hate that I can't remember these times b/c I can't imagine any time of my life would be better than this.

So I must ask myself if I am redeeming the time in a way that pleases God. I think of Moses and how his parents used those very early years so effectively to prepare him for a lifetime in the palace. Would my little boys be so well equipped? I don't think so. Seems like I spend most of my time just correcting and cleaning up.

And though it *seems* like I spend time in the Word with them, is it enough? Or am I concentrating more on the fleeting things of the moment? Do they see me relying on the Lord or managing in my own strength? With my older ones I worry if they will do well in school, are responsible enough to hold a job, or have manners that won't embarrass me. In light of eternity that is so trivial. Since time seems to be escaping me so quickly, I surely need to aim higher than this!

I've been praying and asking the Lord what else I need to do to redeem this short time that I have them. I need to teach them His Word, teach them to love Him and love others. The other things will come in time.

I want to be better at capturing the teachable moments of the day. Most of the time, I'm just not very creative. For the life of me I can not think of a Bible lesson that goes along with teaching my 4yo not to lick every fork before he puts it in the silverware drawer. But since Scripture is useful for ALL things, I know it's in there too. Just can't remember where it is!

Everyone is still asleep and the day hasn't officially started for them. I have a few short hours to make this Thursday one that will count. Lord, please show me Your way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! If you can find the verse about the licking, let me know!

jodie