Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday

I love the feel of Friday. That feeling of the week being done and the weekend ahead. There's such freedom in the weekend without doing school. I usually have lunch with Honey on Fridays and I like Friday pizza night. We'll vacuum the house, pick it up and light candles. We'll watch Funniest Home Videos with the kids then they'll scatter to whichever beds or places they pick.

I have gone back to a cash budget. I like it ok. I should say that I like the freedom than comes with knowing exactly how much money I have left. As I was shopping this week I saw that whole turkeys were on sale for $.38lb. Now I am definitely NOT a fan of birds that still have their bones, but I thought the price was too good to pass up. Besides, Honey will be home to help me with it this weekend. If I had more freezer space I'd get another one. So we'll eat turkey all weekend and I'll freeze the leftovers to use in chicken dishes later.

The downside of a cash budget is that when you're out of money, you're out of money. I experienced that in the clothes category this month b/c we needed some of those 'personal basics'. That happens.

My big plans this weekend include getting baby clothes out and ready. I'm not ready to do the big clothes exchange yet but new baby clothes and Baby Girl's clothes will be pretty easy. The kids can help me. I don't remember what kind of baby boy clothes I have so it'll be sort of new to me. It's sweet to hear the kids ooohh and awww over teeny tiny baby clothes.

Baby Girl is officially walking!! Very shaky and unstable but doing better every day. She loves the praise we sing when she makes it across the whole room. She still prefers to be carried though.

My downstairs smells weird. I'm not sure what is up with that. I'm thinking of shampooing the carpet but I'm a little reluctant since it still hasn't rained much. I certainly don't want to redo it if it leaks again.

Time to get on with the day....

No comments: