Wednesday, March 28, 2007

For the past 2 days I have struggled with being grouchy and mad. Oh, I could give lots of excuses and each one sounds good...to me anyway. But, in my heart, I know that even if I can justify it my reaction does not please God.

I try to still be nice. And just when I think I'm succeeding, someone goes "What's wrong Mom?" WHAT? How do they know that something is wrong? It's usually #1. Nothing gets past her. I bark out some lame answer and go on. I'm still not sure why she would suspect anything b/c I'm being so nice. That makes me madder.

Then Honey has the nerve to notice! Humph. Apparently I'm not a very good actress. Doesn't he see that I'm being nice?

When I think back on it I'm glad they notice. I'm glad they care. I'm glad that Honey knows what I'm thinking w/o my saying it. What a neat thing a close family is. It's good to have all these eyes on me to keep me accountable. I'm glad they know my moods and quirks and countenances and I can know theirs.

It's hard to be mad long when I have smiling daughters and funny boys. And when the smiling and the funny outnumbers the grouchy and mad it's a VERY good balance. Today is so much better.





No comments: