Tuesday, March 13, 2007

1 Peter 5:8

1 Peter 5:8 "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

I do not think that this verse is to be taken lightly. The devil is a serious enemy and we must do all we can to be alert for ourselves and our children. Especially for our children as they are too weak and young to be alert for themselves. The call is a serious one.

I often find that I am not as alert as I should be with my children and find myself in a trap before I realize it. Too often it's b/c I don't want to hurt someone's feelings by rejection. That has to stop. The prize is too valuable to worry about something as trivial as feelings. Sometimes its b/c he is disguised in sheep's clothing and I am fooled b/c I trusted too much. What better way than to attack through a weak minded person that you think you can trust? Again, not alert enough. Again, putting my precious offspring at risk.

Honey described it this way....it is as though you've been given a rare and precious egg. The last one. It is your job to protect it. But people are running all around, stomping, and paying no attention.

Lord, please help me to be more alert and less concerned about being uncomfortable asking someone to step away from my eggs.



No comments: