Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tea Time With LB



I've revamped our family chores and given out different jurisdictions. I think the best idea has been to give LB our tea time. By 4:00pm (tea) I'm starting to fade and was getting pretty lazy with our tea snacks. So I've given her the responsibility to plan, prepare, and serve tea with full liberties...fancy dishes, candles, table cloth, whatever.

I think everyone is happy with this arrangement as LB seems to be very good at it. She loves everything beautiful so our tea time is much fancier than it has been for awhile.

Here's something she put together from our freezer. We had these little cakes that I bought on the day-old rack for $.75, frozen strawberries, and whipped cream. Pretty!

Thank you LB, you're doing a great job!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mom

the momma said...

I think I need to borrow LB :-)

Unknown said...

That looks like a beautiful tea time.
I love to serve food with pretty things too - one of my favorite wedding gifts was a fancy cake platter (you know, the tall kind with the lid, that you can turn upside down and use as a punch bowl)
I think pretty things just make good food taste even better :)
It's a blessing for the eyes.

A friend from choir (a teacher that joined, not a student) gave us nice wedding present - a set of china (antique) that had been in the family ever since her mother's wedding (they accumulated a lot to use for the recdeption, and this woman later got more than she could ever use) It's so pretty and I cannot wait to have a dinner party or some other excuse to use it!
Maybe our next month-anniversary...

Anonymous said...

I guess it looks purdy...but, I like the food! 2 dad thumbs WAY up.

Anonymous said...

Good job LB! I like pretty things too. Who says we should reserve fancy times for only when company comes?! I'm trying to get better at treating myself and family like company and enjoying the nice things we have.

Anonymous said...

nice things?? We have nice things?? See, I always miss tea. That's when all the good stuff happens.. :-(