Presents are such fun and can really lift your spirits. It doesn't matter if they're little or big. I think of things as presents that weren't really meant to be presents at all. A favorite catalog in the mail, a letter of any kind, freebies, whatever. Mail is a biggie. And if I get something during the day I put it on my bed to save it for just the right time.
The "right time" is at night when the kids are in bed. Honey's usually busy and I'm showering, taking my contacts out, and cleaning up the room getting ready for bed. The perfect time! I'm alone and if I have a present I look forward to it all day!
My g'mothers love getting presents too. I just sent them cards and pix recently and yesterday I got a note from one of them telling me how much she loved it and how proud of me G'daddy was. A present!
I was telling my kids today that while e-mail is handy it can never take the place of a hand written note. It takes time to write it(or type and print out), it takes money to send it, but it's oh so worth it!
A friend came by tonight with a present for me. This one is a present that is actually in a bag AND has a note! And...the kids are in bed!
2 comments:
I got a present yesterday, too! My sweet grandmother in law sent us a note and a recipe card for homemade tortilla chips :^P
Of course, I'm not so patient, I opened it standing in front of the mailbox; I could hardly wait long enough to shut and lock the little door! :)
And phone calls are good too
I love you
Dad
Post a Comment