Friday, August 22, 2008

Happenings Of The Week

What's been going on at our house?

~We're all glad it's Friday! No school for 2 days.

~The physical aspects of miscarriage have been difficult this week and has thrown off our usual groove in the house. It's better now though I think. A HUGE thanks to my friends in AR for talking me through this, to my big kids for holding down the fort, and to my Honey just for being sweet.

~Sticks got braces! I gotta post a picture of his new smile. I love it...especially since he seems to like to show it off.

~Honey makes omelets every Saturday. I just looked in the fridge to see that we are almost out of eggs. That won't do. I won't go to the store just for that so we'll have to come up with something else.

~Pizza tonight with Lana's sauce recipe. This week I'm gonna post my favorite recipes from my friends in AR. A few days ago I posted Kim's ziti recipe and 2 other friends are making it now. I love new recipes. If you have one for me to try send it to me and I'll blog about it.

~Meg and I saw the movie Fireproof. Great great movie. Spend the money and see it opening weekend at the theaters. We're hoping it gets a good crowd. Read Meg's review here.

~Meg and Lane are practicing the keyboard to play at church. Hmmm, we've just been there a short time but sometimes I feel like we're taking over the place!

~I'm gearing up for my first book day here in CO. I'm reading a marriage book called When Sinners Say I Do. Not a super fantastic read but it's still good and I think it will discuss well.

~I also got a new book in the mail from my friend Kim. Daughters Of Sarah it's called. Good read so far and I'm on Chapter 4.

~1 soccer game tomorrow at a park right up the road. Little boys start practice on Monday. Let the fun begin.....

~The Olympics are a fun change of pace. Did you see the USA women's soccer team win the gold in the 95th minute?

~Anybody thinking about Christmas yet? As I look at the way too much stuff we have I'm contemplating different sorts of gift ideas.

~It's 9pm and only 2 kids in bed. I have 5 kids camping out in the living room watching Andy Griffith and 2 in the music room playing with Honey. I love the happy noise....

No comments: