Well guess what? When my parents found out about it, *I* got in trouble too! What?! I didn't do it! I was just along for the ride, right?
~~~~
I remember a time when I found myself in a difficult conversation. Gossip. And while I wasn't the one talking, I did nothing to stop it. The Lord spoke to me about this later. He gave me the gift of His Holy Spirit and I had ignored the promptings. I felt uncomfortable and I should've spoken up. I didn't. I was just as guilty.
"Who can say 'I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin?'" Prov 20:9
~~~~
In Numbers chapter 20, The Israelites are mad b/c there is no water. God tells Moses and Aaron to gather the assembly, go to a rock, and speak to it. From the gentle act of speaking, God would bring forth water before their eyes.
Moses had another idea. In anger he whacked the rock with his staff Water gushed out and the people drank.
God was not pleased with the change of plans and said that b/c they did not trust him, neither Moses nor Aaron would enter the promised land. Aaron didn't do it. Moses did. Aaron didn't stop it and was held just as guilty as the one swinging the staff. And while Scripture doesn't record Aaron's thoughts and feelings we can assume that like Moses, his heart was not aligned with Gods.
"The accomplice of a thief is his own enemy. He is put under oath and dare not testify. "Prov 29:24
No comments:
Post a Comment