Wednesday, August 20, 2008

There are so many things to pray for in a given day. I wish I could be in a frame of mind and spirit to be in constant communion with God all day and bring them before Him at any moment. Sometimes He will bring something or someone new for me to pray for like He did yesterday....

I was doing the grocery shopping and picked the line with only one guy ahead of me. He was in the process of paying and I unloaded all my stuff onto the belt. He was a very old Asian man and was obviously having a hard time. He could not understand how to use the credit card or to pay cash or even why he had to pay more than he thought it should be. He wanted Walmart to pay HIM! He was so confused and angry. He was shouting at the cashiers and causing quite a scene. No matter how they tried to explain things, he just could not understand it. I was so sad for him and stood there and prayed. I wished I had some different words to help him understand. I prayed that there was someone in his life to take care of him.

Skip ahead to unloading the cart. My son is buckled and I pick up the last thing...dog food. Underneath the dog food I find 2 small items that I didn't see and didn't pay for. I look up to see a cart guy. I flagged him down, briefly explained what happened and asked him if he could please take them back into the store for me.

He stood there wide eyed staring at me. Finally he says, "DUDE! That is the nicest thing I've ever heard! I never met anyone as nice as YOU!"

What? Now it was my turn to stare wide eyed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you okay?
~ Kim

Anonymous said...

So much better. Thanks for talking to me during school hours! It has slowed down quite a bit and I think (hope) that I am towards the end.

I got the book yesterday and I'm already on chapter 3! I like it! Maybe a book day book??...