
Becky is the one who taught me how to make bread many years ago. I was hooked and have made loaf after loaf ever since. I use several different recipes for different types of bread but this one is my 'go to' recipe. This is best to do in a Bosch type mixer. I use an Electrolux with a Whisper Mill grinder. If you don't have a grinder, you can buy wheat flour at the health food store or even Walmart. 100 % WW Bread
In the mixer bowl add....
2/3 C oil
2/3 honey
6 eggs
5 cups of hot water
1/4 C. yeast
Mix slightly and let sit until frothy looking. This is called the sponge.
Turn on mixer and add flour by the cup fulls. It turns out to be around 19 cups I think. I don't measure anymore. Add 2 T salt as the flour is mixing and keep adding flour until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl and you can see part of the bottom. Kneed for 10 minutes.
Let rise in bowl until doubled and it's about to fall over the edge. Punch down and kneed 4 minutes.
Oil your hands and shape into loaves. I can usually get 5 loaves, sometimes 6. Let rise in pans and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Turn out onto cooling rack or an extra oven rack. Mist slightly with cold water.
Mmmmm.......
4 comments:
Aaw they turned out so pretty! Someday I will be a breadmaker. You sure did make me hungry! :o) I'm glad that you like making her recipe so much. It IS yummy! ;o)
It was really yummy too!
I liked the honey butter
what a blessing for you to had such a wonderful neighbor for so many years :-)
Why are they all different sizes? Did you mess up the recipe when you made them? ;-)
Post a Comment