Monday, August 25, 2008

Spaghetti Sauce

This week I'm going to share recipes from the kitchens of AR. The first few are from my friend Becky. Becky and I have been friends since we first moved to AR. As a matter of fact she and Jodie were among my first friends there. Later we moved next door to Becky and Charlie and were blessed to have the best neighbors ever. She has always been so generous with me to share from her life experience (and her kitchen) and I consider her one of the most important mentors in my life. Her wise words and friendship have contributed so much to the woman I am today. So the first few recipes will come from her yummy smelling, sparkling clean all the time kitchen.

As with all these recipes it has been tweaked a bit to fit our taste so it may not be exactly like the original but pretty close!

Becky's Spaghetti Sauce

1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1 chopped onion
5 cloves garlic

Brown it all together and add...

1 can tomato paste
28 oz can of diced tomatoes
60 oz tomato puree
1 T oregano
1 T basil
1/8 C sugar of honey
1 can of mushrooms (drained)
2 tsp each salt/pepper
1 C. red cooking wine
1 green pepper chopped
1 T. Worcestershire sauce

Stir all together and cook on low for 5-6 hours. If you cook it on the stove tilt the lid a little. If you cook it in the crock pot switch it to HIGH. Freezes wonderfully.

No comments: