
A volcano!!

I know, I know, everyone does this one. But in my 16 years of homeschooling we never have. Lest you think I'm one of those super fun moms that turn the kitchen upside down in order to do a fun experiment, let me say from the start that I had nothing to do with it. LB loves her new science book and did this completely by herself without a bit of help from me.
Here's how she did it....
Salt dough recipe
In a large bowl mix together:
1/2 C. white flour
1/4 C. salt
1 tsp. oil
1/4 C. water
1. Make salt dough recipe.
2. Put an empty medicine bottle in the center of a baking pan. You can use rocks to make it look like it's in a rocky terrain.
3. Build a mountain around the bottle with the dough being careful not to get any dough in the bottle.
4. Let it dry for a day.
5. Carefully pour warm water into the bottle.
6. Drop a few drop of dish washing liquid and a few drops of food coloring in the bottle.
7. Pour in 2 tsp baking soda.
8. Pour in some vinegar and stand back!!

1 comment:
Wow...2 posts on LB in row. She must be having some especially good times lately, right?!?!
Post a Comment