Monday, September 22, 2008

Ps 138:3

Sibling squabbles, baby fits, hard math problems, unexpected errands, and a broken water heater. Regular type stuff for a Monday.

The Lord gave me a good Word for today even before I knew I needed it.
"for You have exalted over all things Your name and Your Word. When I called You answered me. You made me bold and stouthearted." Ps. 138:3

And He just kept playing it over in my mind. And with this rattling through my head, I found myself peaceful and enjoying the day.

Yes, He has exalted over every irritation, every interruption, and every little hardship. Nothing is a surprise to Him and He had already accounted for it. His Word has made me bold and stouthearted and enabled me to face the day with a smile.

confession~
Ok, I didn't *start* the day with a smile. I did have a minor blow up at 2 kids who were trying to pick up an over turned trash can with their feet. But it doesn't count if it happens before 7:30am, right?

No comments: