Thursday, September 25, 2008

Old And New

I like Job's story but I wish we knew more about the ending. I mean that's great that the Lord gave him back everything that he lost and then some but do you think he missed the old? I know that if one of my children died and was replaced with another, I would still miss the one I loved and lost.

Even if the new is tons better it is still different than the old and I think it's ok to miss whatever was special in the old.

Today I miss home. I love this one. I really do. No I don't wanna move back. I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I'm just a bit homesick and I wish I could go visit every weekend.

OTHER THINGS......
~Life is outa whack here. Soccer season is in full swing. I'm usually able to adjust and love it. But this season has been tougher for some reason. Probably poor planning. In any case I gotta get on the ball and work it out.

~My spinach isn't growing.

~I'm too busy. Bible study at my house tonight and I almost forgot. No time to even make a snack! I had to buy something...oh the shame ;-p

~I took Joe and my iPod went for a big walk. (I forgave him for his past rudeness.) We were almost the only ones out. That means I could sing out loud. We watched the fish in the lake and went the long way home.

~The water heater's working.

~My pot to the coffee pot broke. And since we don't drink coffee I'm thinking I'll make tea on the stove and save this expense until my coffee drinking family comes next.

~I wonder if I can get free canning jars on Craigslist or Freecycle?

~B-day for LB tomorrow. It'll be a good day. I went shopping for all her meals today.

~Grocery shopping for 11 takes a long time.

~Wagon rides distract tired babies.

Today's meals...
Breakfast- cereal and muffins w/juice
Lunch - nachos and leftovers
Dinner- broccoli soup and bread

1 comment:

the momma said...

I know what you mean.
Wednesday, I was missing our old house (and not liking this one all that much...) then that evening, the kids started talking about the stairs. I started crying - over a staircase! (oh, but I did love that old staircase; it was so beautiful!)