Friday, September 12, 2008

Good Bye Unfaithful Ones

Apparently there was a mutiny in my kitchen and BOTH of my bread machines decided they were done. And until yesterday I counted both as faithful servants. As a matter of fact I was just bragging on how "Zoey" was the workhorse of my kitchen. I'm rather disappointed in her since I forked out quite a lot of money and this is the second type of problem she's given me in only 2 years. I'm more forgiving on the second one since it is a newbie I just picked up at a g-sale a couple of weeks ago for $10.

So now it's back to making bread the old fashioned way. Or at least with my mill and Electrolux which actually do most of my work. I'm extremely happy with both but will miss the convenience of making a quick 2 loaves every morning or hearing tortilla or pizza dough working. I am so spoiled.

But I think I'll rediscover benefits that I forgot about. Like not being so limited in size and experimenting with making a triple batch of cinnamon rolls for the freezer!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, it lookes like you're gonna have to teach me to do it

Becky said...

Sorry to hear about your bread machines - LOL! What a cute site you have here. Looks like you are a veteran to this blog stuff! I think I might have to "borrow" your menu below (or parts of) sometime soon.

Thank you for visiting Nickels-n-Dimes. I love that we can venture out like this. Check back often. Before too long, there will be quite a face lift! In the mean time...I will put you in my favs and visit as well!