Monday, September 08, 2008

Today

It's cold! To me anyway. My Yahoo weather says it's 50. My room is always cold in the morning b/c we sleep with the windows open. It's quite nice but hard to get up and go walk. Today is a busy Monday with some errands and such.

~Cereal for breakfast
Soup for lunch
Burgers for dinner
No tea today

~Today's soup: I had 2 chicken carcasses to boil for broth and 1 1/2 breasts to chop up. I added an onion, 5 garlic cloves, and mushrooms. I pulled some rice from the freezer and added a few noodles. Ta da!

~An ortho appt, pick up contacts, and swing into Rite Aid across the street. They have a good deal on Cascade (with coupons) and Lane even got a couple of Christmas presents!

~Can you believe we have so many presents that we need to start wrapping?! I'm thrilled that my kids are so on the ball. My son wants to put up the tree! And while it is tempting, I think it's a little premature.

~While waiting at the ortho office I copied down a new recipe out of a Family Circle magazine. I was glad I had my planner with me. I take it almost everywhere and it usually comes in handy for something. It's not a real planner but just a smaller spiral notebook. (Cheap!) I write everything in it from my memory verse of the day, to school ideas, menus, recipes, phone numbers, appts, everything! My whole day is basically mapped out in my planner.

~I'm doing a new thing with the little boys' school. I introduced it today and will start it tomorrow.

~I read Deut 7 & 8 and working on memorizing 2 verses in Romans.

~I worked on my menu this weekend and have my lists all ready. Library, Walgreens, Sunflower Market, Walmart, and soccer practice. If I knock it all out today I will have nothing for the rest of the week. That's motivation....plus the fact that since Honey rode his bike I have his car!

No comments: