This is definitely a Christmas only type of treat because it is *dangerous*!!
2 C brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 C. white karo syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 bags of popcorn (popped)
Bring sugar, butter, syrup, and salt to a boil 5 minutes. Add soda and vanilla. Pour over popcorn and bake @ 250 for 1 hr stirring every 15 minutes. Once cooled, break apart.
4 comments:
yes, I can see how this would be dangerous :-)
what size would these bags of popcorn be?
Just your basic microwave popcorn bags. Every time I make it I always wonder what to do with the extra 1/2 bag. Of course by the time I make a decision it's already gone.
oh! glad we clarified ~ I buy the old-fashioned stuff you pop in a pan; my portions would have been a bit off :-)
mmmm. NOW I'm craving some!! :o)
Post a Comment