Monday, July 14, 2008

Our House

This weekend I had the chance to pick up a new ceiling fan at Lowe's. Since I was by myself, I browsed through most of the store playing with the door bells, picking out paint samples, and looking at everything for "someday".

But instead of thinking of how much I want to do, my mind kept going to how much we've done. Honey said we should write it down so that if we ever sell it we'll have a record of improvements. Then he changed his mind and said "We'll just say 'everything'". The house was in such bad shape when we got it 9 months ago. But since then we've replaced...

~garage door
~furnace
~radon mitigation system
~3 sinks, maybe 4 (?)
~every single kitchen appliance
~5 interior doors
~bathroom vanity
~bathroom mirror
~front door lock
~kitchen cabinets
~kitchen counters
~clothes rods for every closet
~paint
~3 ceiling fans
~planted a garden and flowers
~shower heads
~fixed a hole in the ceiling
~roof work
~blinds

Not bad for less than a year. I wish I could say that you'd be wow-ed when you walk in now. Not the case. With the exception of the kitchen, most of the things we've done have just been to get the house to a livable state. But with time, we're hoping to do some fancier stuff to it too. It has fantastic potential! As for now, we're thankful for bathroom doors to close and sinks that work! It's funny how you take those things for granted.

Next on the list...closet doors and a new front door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cozy looking fornt door? we've done a lot but ther's still a lot more to go and for now I'm looking forward to it

Anonymous said...

You forgot doorknobs for the closets!! The cool kind that are levers and not actually knobs.

Then sprinkler system, sod, couches (the L kind), tables, storm door, some screens,

wow, where you gonna get that kinda money!! You have a field we can sell? ;-)