Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Shortcut Park Again

Later in day I was thinking over our time at the park this afternoon. It didn't go at all like we had planned but it was great fun just the same. I think it was more fun b/c of the adventure of it all and especially walking through the creek.

I loved getting to do something for my son. Honey frequently gets to do neat things for him but I don't always have the chance. He really wanted his siblings to get to play at this park. And because it was harder than I expected, it blessed me more to do it although I didn't realize it until later. Being of a selfish nature, I prefer to give when it's easy. If I had known it would be like it was I'm sure I would've said "forget it". Seeing his ear-t0-ear smile at home made my whole day. I would've done again and again all day long.

I'm so happy that it turned out like it did. The kids were eager to tell Dad all about it at dinner. We had a great time.

The bad part is that everyone had to take showers right away b/c of the creek...what is that water anyway? It was ok for everyone except Mayfee. He threw a fit when we hit the door and had to take a nap. Since he was barely in the creek I decided he could shower later. Now the hot water heater is broken and he had NO hot water! Poor little guy.....it was a hard bath.

No comments: