I'm very much a morning person. It's my best time of the day. My energy is high and I am optimistic about the day ahead. And during our family morning meeting, I can share with the kids what I read in my personal quiet time, work on our memory verse, and continue reading aloud from our daily childrens' Bible.
Ecc 11:6 says..."Sow your seed in the morning and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that or whether both will do equally well."
After reading this awhile back I decided that my little boys needed more time from me at night. I started taking turns reading in each of their beds. They love it when I climb up to the top bunks!
Problem is that by after dinner time I'm ready to be done. I'm tired. The irritations of the day are wearing on my mind and I'm ready to put an end to it. It's hard to work up the discipline to "let not my hands be idle".
Last night was one of those nights. And I answered my 4yo, "Not tonight, Bud, Momma's too tired." And when I popped my head in their room later they were all sleeping sweetly.
Remorse swept over me. I had wasted this night to read to them about Jesus. An opportunity that I'll never get back. And even if I read extra tonight it won't be the same. Sigh..... Too tired? I don't think so. Too lazy? Absolutely.
My time with them is short. It is ticking away as I type. Lord, please keep my energy high and let me not waste the short time I have!
2 comments:
ouch....
i'm convicted.....
jodie
Post a Comment