Monday, May 21, 2007

Strength

I have come to understand the verses that talk about the Lord being our strength a lot better lately. I miss Honey so much. I would never choose to be a single parent! He isn't here but the days go on without him. The kid issues still happen that have to be taken care of daily. In all the days with all the issues I can only think of 2 that I did not feel capable of handling on my own. That is so surprising to me. Not that I felt like I had it all figured out fine, but that I could pray about it and act accordingly. The Lord is my strength.

I do not enjoy things that do not go my way. Living in this house with Honey in CO is never what I would pick. So for these weeks of separation I have been, well less than joyful. The last few days, though, I have felt the Lord's hand of correction in my attitude. I need to be content in whatever circumstance, joyful in all things, thankful always. I can not do that on my own. I'd rather cry and feel sorry for myself. I've had to ask the Lord to help me. Yesterday when a neighbor asked how the house selling was going, I was able to answer hopefully without the song of self pity! I can not tell you what a victory that was! I still have much to learn about surrendering but I DO want to learn it. The Lord is my strength.

I have not been scared at night since Honey's been gone. I haven't felt the need to sleep downstairs. Since I tend to be a big chicken, I have to say that it is the Lord's grace. The Lord is my strength.

No comments: