For years I have had the hardest time planning out menus. It seems like it should be so easy but it's not. Not for me. What a great time saver to have all your meals planned out in advance. I love saving time.
Finally after years of failure in this area of homemaking, I think I've finally figured out the cause of my mental block. In the past I'd go to the store and buy the stuff I usually buy. Then I'd make various menus and print them to be used again. But when I pulled it out to use it again it would not work that week b/c I didn't have the right ingredients. See, the whole thing was messed up.
I was doing it backwards! I was planning my menus around what I already had thinking I was saving money b/c I wouldn't have to buy so much at the store. That's not how you do it. You plan the menu first THEN go shopping! I'm such a goof.
tomorrow's meals...
Breakfast- leftover oatmeal and chocolate chip cranberry bread
Lunch - Super shaggy sandwiches
Tea - spinach artichoke dip and crackers
Dinner- pizza
Ordering more cloth diapers tonight. I'm looking forward to it.
1 comment:
try some wool covers! they are expensive new, but if you dig you can find some cheap ones. I love 'em! and Snappis! Snappis hold the diaper on instead of pins. Huge time saver..and it keeps the diaper in place when he poops (eew!). Nate wears just a diaper and snappi most of the time..no cover. Other than that, Bummis Snaps are my favorite covers..Proraps work well, too, and are cheaper. :)
Post a Comment