Friday, May 18, 2007

A Messy Night

11:00 pm--Baby Z's last feeding and off to bed for both of us.

2:45am --Time for breakfast. I'm nursing and hear a big noise. HUGE diaper blowout!! Up the back, down the leg, out the diaper, all over Momma and the sheets. This guy has taken it upon himself to make sure I keep these sheets clean! So I turn on the light, get out the wipes, and clean up everything. We both really need a bath but I'm too tired. Everything is cleaned up and time to go back to sleep. Baby does not agree. He's up. No amount of jiggling, patting, rocking, or singing will get him back to sleep.

4:00am--Finally I decided he might just need to cry a few minutes. I put him down and prepare for a concert. Not another noise...he went right to sleep! I guess I was the one keeping him up.

5:30am--Time for second breakfast. I reach around his back to pick him up and felt a gooey mess. Not again!! Yes, again. I turn on the light and start round 2 of using up all the wipes in the house. Thankfully this time he did not want to stay up and visit! He laid on my chest and we slept another 2 hours.

To Do List Today....

baths and nap

No comments: