Honey has a friend that is a true brother to him. They've been friends for many years now and can tell each other anything. Their friendship is sweet and one of those that will endure to eternity. This is a recent e-mail that blessed me so much I wanted to share it (with permission). It is also a good update on his life in CO. The first one is Honey's. The next is his friend's response.
Subject: Good morning
How are you this morning?
Well, I am really struggling with letting go and lettin' God. Remember when I would tell you about giving up waiting on interviews to the Lord and things happening that very day. That was a major lesson in my life. You would think that since it is so fresh and the rewards so recent, it would be easy to sit back and let God sell my house in His perfect timing and work out bringing my family here in His perfect time. But, I can't seem to. I am so anxious that I jump at my phone each time it rings hoping it's Sandy telling me we've received an offer. I think I've learned something new...that learning something and applying it to daily life are not necessarily a one-two punch. What I've experienced and know to be true, I can't seem to apply. But, that doesn't mean I don't know and believe it.
One of the many resources here on campus is access to it's library. They had a book burning, I mean sale earlier in the month. Since, there's been some time and still lots of books some are marked free and some 1.00. I picked up the Experiencing God book for free and paid a buck for a book called celebration of Discipline. It's a book on how to punish your kids. ;-) actually, it has nothing to do with kids. It has to do with disciplines of scripture and applying it to your life. I'm on page3 and it's already convicting me. I may take it back to the library and get my dollar back.
Yesterday, we had chapel services then lunch. Basically, a church service in one of the large classrooms with all the faculty and staff.There was worship music and a lesson. The lesson was from one of the professors and he stated that he wasn't a speaker and he was just going to give us a day in the life of one of his classes. It was a sermon on Peter...that was one of classes!! How cool is that. Followed by a free lunch. They will have a couple more of these through the summer. After the service I met one of the professors. He's about to go to England(Oxford) to debate a famous atheist (Atkins) on June 14. It was interesting talking to him.
I just had a thought, I hope you don't think I am trying to tell you these things to brag or hope you covet. Just sharing some things that I am going through and being introduced to that are new and interesting. I realize that you already know that, but I wanted to say it anyway. Although I do wish you were here to share in it.
Subject: RE: Good morning
Oh, I guess I'm okay. Got a bunch of chigger bites buggin me.
Man, my heart aches for you. And your family.
I want to wave my hand and make it better. I'm sorry for the hardship. All I could offer is how I've come to understand lately a different aspect of faith; what it means to "have faith in God" when things aren't changing. And that is the knowledge and meditation on He is good; He is sovereign;He loves me; He loves them; He is worthy of my trust; He is worthy of my efforts to choose His ways over mine. Yes, He has a purpose in all things.
Brother, I admire and respect you. I consider you a beloved brother and true friend to me. Father, please bring things to pass to reunite Mike's family with him in Colorado, because they love You, and for Your glory.Through it all, please grow his capacity to praise and worship You. Amen.
Funny on taking your book back. Haven't you learned anything from me...just never pick it up to begin with! And hey, if you think something you share might make me covet and envy,go on and let it fly. I'll rejoice in Him that you get to experience it.It is really, really so neat to hear. I am happy for you. I've seen Atkins on TV: made me want to convert to Islam so I could doan explosive I-slam on him. Boy, he tests my belief that God loves us all. Here's from Wikipedia: Atkins, who is an atheist, has also written and spoken on issues of humanism, atheism, and what he sees as the incompatibility between science and religion. In a 2006 documentary "The Trouble with Atheism",by Rod Liddle he described Scientists who believed in God as being only"half-Scientists really." However, Rod Liddle considered Peter to be one of Britain's fundamentalist atheists. He is the Senior Member for theOxford Secular Society and an Honorary Associate of the National Secular Society. Go professor! Go Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment