Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Getting It All Done (Not)

The fun is more fun when the work is all done. There's some fun stuff I want to do but I can't seem to get my work done so I can do it. I want to sew and I want to scrapbook. However, I know that if I pulled out that stuff I would not enjoy it knowing what else I was neglecting. Lately I have a hard time recognizing and remembering what I need to do. It seems I can't get all the plates to spin at the same time. When I think I've had a productive day (meaning I did a lot of work on my list) I realize that I forgot something important....like its 5pm and I forgot to plan dinner! I know it is just a short season but it sure is frustrating. I've decided I need to re-prioritize.

One thing that needs to change is my computer time. I have stopped my computer time until the kids are napping or bedtime. That'll help I think.

I just finished Haggai. Short book. 2 chapters, 38 verses. I noticed a reoccurring message. God says "Give careful thought to your ways" or "consider...." five times in that short book. That's me. I need to give careful thought to my ways!

Tomorrow my girls are spending the day at a friend's house. I'm glad for them. The boys and I will drop them off and see the animals and then come home. I've planned the meals and I'm planning to have all indoor chores done before we leave in the morning so the boys and I can spend some time outside.

Tomorrow's menu...
Breakfast-oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch-pb&j
Dinner-taco soup and corn bread
Tea- a new apple dip recipe.

No comments: