I have had the same potholders since I got married. They are homemade ones that Mom made me. After 19 years they are pretty yucky. I can't believe they even made it this long. I had a whole drawer of them and I threw them all out. Know what I got? Those fancy silicone kind! My family got them for me for Mother's Day. They are so nifty. It doesn't even look like they should work but they do. They take up a lot less space in the drawer too.
Now I'm going through my silverware. I've had this silverware longer than my potholders. In fact, it's the silverware that I had when I was a kid!! Actually it's pieces from many many sets. And there is a *lot* of it. It won't all fit in the silverware holder so I've had the extras in a big bag in the cabinet in case we ever run out of clean ones. I think it's time to simplify. It's sort of hard to choose which ones to keep. I kinda like the ones that look like they came from the King Arthur books. My daughter likes the ones that have flower designs on the handles. She calls them the "princess forks". 4yo like the puppy dog one. Decisions decisions....One thing is for sure, the ones that have been chewed up in the disposal are the first to go. Why did I even keep those anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment