Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ps 149:4

"For the Lord takes delight in his people." Ps 149:4

I was changing Baby Z's diaper tonight and singing the diaper song to him. It goes like this:

I love you
And I love changing your diaper
I love taking care of you
Because I love you
(Baby's name)

Ok, so I'm not a song writer but all of my babies have liked it. I'm telling him that if I'm just his mom and I love caring for him imagine how much his Heavenly Father loves taking care of him!

Earlier I was flipping through my Bible looking for something. It was still open on my bed where I was changing his diaper. After the diaper was changed, I grabbed my Bible to put it away and it was open to Ps 149. A verse that I had underlined grabbed my attention. I couldn't believe it!

"For the Lord takes delight in his people." Ps 149:4
I don't remember ever underlining that or what I was thinking at the time. I've had this Bible for many years. But it was so fitting to read to my little baby tonight.

No comments: