I'm not sure where the idea came from but all of a sudden the little boys wanted their own library cards.
I remember the older kids getting their first library cards and signing the back with their awkward scrawl. So cute. I still have them.
Wed came around and they still remembered. So when we went to story time I got them their own cards. And yes, it was every bit as cute watching them sign their names. They all got books and we were on our way.
And that's the last I remember. I didn't pay much attention to what books they got. I didn't give them a speech about the responsibility. I didn't make sure they put them in the "library spot". I guess I just figured we've done this library thing long enough that they would be able to handle it. But I should've followed up.
Wednesdays came and went. Library books came and went. And I thought all was fine. But then... I woke up Monday morning to an e-mail telling me that Mayfee's book was overdue! And lost.
And I can't stand that! I hate late fees. And even worse, the thought of something lost that we hafta find.
So as you can imagine we started the week by turning the house upside down. Looking in every place that it could be. Praying for the Lord to show us. And grumbling under my breath (and outloud) at the waste of time.
Still nothing. So finally I went into the boys' room and starting pulling every book off their 6ft tall over-stuffed book shelves.
And Hallelujah! I found it! Shoved in backwards.
Life may resume.
1 comment:
:)
unfortunately..we keep the library running with our late fees. :/ "one of these days" I will get my act together...until then...I limit my trips to the library. ;p
you are such a great mommy! :) :) :)
Post a Comment