Exodus.
Teach Me Your Ways by Kay Arthur
This helps.
I'm doing most of this with my kids too. We just discussed the significance of smiting the rock in chapter 17.
How come I never picked up on that before? But this is what I love about going through my whole Bible. Each time there is something brand new for me. God's Word is never changing but somehow always new. How does He do that??
My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers
My morning devotional.
Some days are easier than others.
But I'm amazed at how much I learn even when I am confused!
(You Oswald Chamber fans will know what I mean.)
Life As A Vapor by John Piper
The book I like to read before I go to sleep.
And the one that Honey uses sometimes for devotions.
The Sun Is Shining On The Other Side by Margaret Jensen.
No picture. But that's ok b/c none of these pix are very good anyway.
I do love my Margaret Jensen ya know!
This particular book is a collection of stories from some of her other works.
I think my next one will be Papa's Place.
Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
Because I can't get enough of this book.
So I'm skimming it and trying to internalize the things that I underlined.
Honey got the audio version on iTunes and asked me to listen to it.
It was hard. I'm not such a good listener.
But then when I got my hands on a real paper copy...oh my!
Life changer.
And finally...
Knowing God by J.I.Packer
This has been lying around awhile and patiently waiting for me to pick it up.
I'm just starting it and it looks like a hefty read. But I'm guessing it's a keeper since it's pretty much a Christian classic.
I'm also ready to start a new read-aloud to the kids.
But I'm at a loss b/c I can't decide what I'm in the mood for.
I'm thinking a book called Submarine Rescue.
Or The Underneath.
Anyone familiar with these?





No comments:
Post a Comment