I noticed that this post will be my 1,222 one. That's a lot of rambling. So in honor of my 1,222 post I thought I'd list 1,222 things about me.
I'm totally joking!
But I am in the mood to blog something so here's less than 1.222 uninteresting things that've gone on lately.
~We are still enjoying my in-laws being in town. I think we have another week. After this we won't see them again until Thanksgiving.
~Co-op is over! One girl is thrilled while the other wishes it could go on all year. As for me, I will enjoy having Thursdays free again but will miss a ready-made dinner every week! (Thank you Kelli!)
~Last week was Ladies' Mexican Potluck at church. Mally is all over anything at church that is promoted as "ladies" and begged to go ever since she heard about it. It's cute.
~I bought myself a new thingy to carry around my cash. My envelopes I made were not the right size but have held up surprisingly well. It was time for something new so I splurged on a $5 expanding thing that actually looks like a wallet. Today is payday and I'm excited to use it. I know, it doesn't take much......
~Speaking of payday...3 weekends in this pay period! Oh dear. I will hafta be extra careful.
~Company picnic and we won a door prize! A GPS! Nice.
~Oh I love this weather! Woke up to rain this morning and my first thought was that it would be even nicer if we were camping. I'm in a camping mood. And a Texas mood. Time to play at the farm I'm thinking.
~But ya know what I miss about summer? All the beautiful tomatoes. I wish I had bought more from the farmer's market and done a lot more canning. Next year I hope to do it better.
~And speaking of canning. When I did can pickles this summer I was not at all happy with them. I only processed a few and did the rest as refrigerator pickles. I opened the refrigerator pickles and they were awful. I don't know why. But I ended up throwing almost all of them out and deciding that next year I'll just eat my cukes fresh. Then this week I opened a jar that I had processed and YUM! That's more like it. The kids came in and the whole quart was gone in about 4 minutes.
~With the cooler weather, down came some winter clothes from the attic. I've only done some of them but already have quite a few that were given to us that we won't be able to use. I'm planning on taking them to Awana tomorrow to see if they fit any of those kiddos.
The clothes exchange used to be something I hated. SOOOO much work. And it's a mess with piles all over the place and extra laundry. But now I like it. Yes it's work and yes it's a mess. But the bigger the mess the bigger the blessing. Either b/c we have a lot of new clothes that fit or b/c we can share them with others. I am exceedingly thankful for the generosity of others.
Today's meals...
breakfast - oatmeal muffins
lunch - Chili's with Tracy
dinner - meatball stew and bread. My first "real" soup of the season and it was perfect for the drizzly day.
We also made Tracy's Tea which makes the whole house smile. I'm loving cranberry season!
3 comments:
is Tracy's tea Cranberry tea? :)
I am so looking forward to the day after thanksgiving or - Christmas Tree Day! We'll make cranberry tea (or hot chocolate if Luke talks me out of the tea) and sugar cookies :) yummy yum, and munch them when the lights are all lit up on the tree. It's probably my favorite day of the year, above even my birthday - and that's sayin something!
Yep that's the one. And Ohhhh it was so good. It made the whole house smell heavenly.
Hey, I have some clothes for Aiden. I'm guessing you knew that was coming with the clothes exchange. You interested?
yes, I am very much interested :) clothes are wonderful things, and this kid has a way of going through them ;)
Thanks so much!!
Post a Comment