Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ahhhh Sunday.....

~What an unusual church morning.  Honey leaves early with the big kids to do worship practice and greeting leaving me with the 4 youngest.  I'd like to say that I always set out everyone's clothes the night before and line up their shoes at the door.  But it just ain't so.  Every Sunday we are stopped in our tracks as Mayfee frantically searches for his other shoe.  But not today!  This morning I got everyone ready, dishes done, and lunch going on with time to spare.  Weird. 

~It was the most beautiful day ever.  We've had a lot of those lately.  I sorta wanted to go out in the boat.  Just Honey and me.  'Cause we never have.  But I think he forgot...which is ok b/c that sounds like a lot of work.  Instead he said, "Wanna go play frisbee golf?"  And of course I did.  We met some friends, took a couple of kids, and had a great time.

~Naptime.   I wish I didn't want to nap.  I wish I hadn't napped.  I wish I had gone out in the front yard and watched everybody play football.   And I wanted to go to Immanuel but I slept too long.  :-(

~I made a new recipe for date night.  It was dry and yucky.  But Honey was gracious and pretended to like it.  Sweet of him.  And we had a big long conversation about stuff we know nothing about.  

~The in-laws are gone.  It was a good time.  I'm ready to settle in and get busy now w/no company for awhile.  School tomorrow.  I don't enjoy Mondays so much b/c we have science class, piano, and essay class all in the same day.  But at least it's all done and I'm home the rest of the week!

2 comments:

robbieniccum said...

I love this post. :) Very real and I so relate on many levels (except for leaving on time :P) lol

Valerie said...

whew! I was tired just reading about it all :)
Seems like a good day to me.