So can we all agree that the past tense of sew should really be something like "sue"? As in....."Look at the bags I sue.." Don't ya think??
Well anyway.
I wanted some bags for my Awana kids but didn't want to spend a lot of money. I thought about buying material and sewing them but my experience with that is that it usually costs me more than just buying what I wanted already made.
Then I looked at plain canvas bags at Hobby Lobby. $2 each and not the size I wanted anyway.
My mother-in-law was with me and said matter-of-factly that she had a whole bolt of canvas and we could make them. Really? Cool.
And yes she did. But not just one...two! Purple and green. Which was just perfect b/c my boys would not like a lavender colored bag and the green is not such a girly shade for my one and only.
Did you know that I really don't like sewing? Cause I always seem to forget that fact when I take on a project. I want to like it. I try to like it. But I don't. Way too much trouble and since I'm no good at it, I'm always having to start over. Or the machine messes up. Or I spent all this money and bought the wrong stuff.
But my MIL is quite good at it and assured me it would be a snap.
She overestimated my skills.
It was hard. Really hard. I had both my L girlys helping until Lane agreed with me that it was too much trouble. LB hung in there to the end.
But finally we finished them. 10 in all.
And whatever you do, do NOT click to enlarge and examine the craftsmanship.
LB and I took them to a friend's house and had their initials embroidered on them. And ya know what? They all came tonight! All my kids at the same time and I got to pass them all out. Happy happy.
And now maybe...just maybe they will bring their books to class b/c they won't misplace them. I hope.
I'll leave ya with a couple more pix of my peeps...
See the one in the back? I'm so proud of him. He spent most of his whole class time helping MJ memorize John 3:16. And by the time he was done he had it down perfectly! I call him my "preacher boy".
This is my one and only. A princess among the crazies. I'm reminded of the Sesame Street song..."One of these things is not like the others...."





5 comments:
Yay for you! That was a sizable sewing project and you did it. (Just because you said not to, I wanted to click to enlarge the pic...but I didn't... :-) )
Very fun!
Love,
Wendy
good job on the bags, i bet the kids were thrilled to have something personalized!
They may not be perfect buy you made them all something and that's gotta be pretty special :)
and isn't that green the right color for Awana's too? but i guess your kids probably don't have the green vests and stuff like the ones at branch first baptist, huh?
I am SEW proud of you :-)
I am SEW proud of you :-)
I am SEW proud of you :-)
Post a Comment