Friday, October 08, 2010

Without Apples

I was sooo ready for my apples! 40 pounds of beautiful organic apples in my cart ready to be picked up at the truck stop when my Azure Standard order came in tonight. I was even gonna try to figure out the dehydrator on my oven and make apple rings. Then there were apple strudels, apple salads, apples and dip, apple pie filling, and maybe even some applesauce all swimming about in my head. But no. No apples. Not one single one. And why don't they tell me these things instead of just showing up apple-less??


But I was reading today about grumbling. And God says to be thankful instead of grumbling, right? Sooo yes, I am thankful that the coconut I ordered months ago finally arrived, and I have some oats, wheat, salt, and other things that made it here too. Maybe next month I'll get my apples. Pleeeease.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget, you'll have to order it again for it to come next month.. right?
I'm sorry you didn't get the apples.
We've not gotten sunflower seeds 2 x in a row, and the first time we had still PAID for them!

Sometimes Azure Standard does frustrate me but it is still the cheapest way to get lots of the things we need to eat, so i can't complain too much :)