Friday, October 01, 2010

Ramblings Of Recently

~Sweet Willow died today.  She is my sister-in-law's dog.  I'm so sad for them.  I remember when our black lab died years ago and sobbing on the porch for a looong time.  I hate it for them. 

~I seriously can't believe it's Friday.  Why is time sailing by me this way?  Am I too busy?  And what did I do all week anyway? 

~Up and out early this morning with my iPod and dog.  I thought I dressed warm enough.  Long pants and long sleeves.  But BRRRR!!!  We did a quick once around and right back home!

~I finished reading though my Bible this summer.  I'm starting over but doing it a little differently.  I'm going through the main people and events with my kids.  Right now we are studying the plagues and contrasting them to the gods of the Egyptians.   Here is a good site. Amazing to see how each plague was like a slap in the face to the Egyptian gods. 

We're talking about the 2 parts of the Bible.  Old Testament and New.  And where is Exodus found? 
We'll be working on memorizing all the books of the Bible. 
We'll also memorize the 10 plagues in order.

~We're continuing memorizing the Romans road verses.  And we are going to practice leading someone through the prayer of salvation.   My desire is for them to be confident and ready but humble and full of grace.

~Honey got a new effects pedal for his guitar.  Guess what he'll be doing this weekend?  And just in time too!  Sunday morning he's leading worship at Immanuel and Sunday night at our own church. 

~I want to learn to play piano so I can play with him.  That's something I want to try to fit in.  But when??

Today's Meals -
Breakfast - cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing that I made last night.  Actually I started them in the bread machine in the morning and as soon as I pushed the button I remembered that we were out of butter.  Awwww!!!  When the dough was finished I put it in the fridge to rise slowly.  Then (after a trip to the store), I finished them up before bed.  The icing was way too sweet for me, but Honey suggested we pour it over all of our food!

Lunch - leftover whatever LB made for dinner last night.  Not sure what you call it. 

Dinner - pizza and salad.  I'm playing with feta cheese.  Yummy!

No comments: