Friday, October 01, 2010

Awana This Week

Big Boy is back!  And you wanna hear something neat?  Well the kid has moved like 3 times since June.  And this time we didn't know anything about it.  Geo would go get them and they wouldn't be there.  Ever.  They were just gone. 

Last week I had pretty much decided that he and his sisters wouldn't come back.  And I didn't even look for him on the bus.  Disappointing, but I have given him over to the Lord in my heart and I have a special verse in Psalms that I pray for him.  

Then Sunday night I hear great news.  During the week, M & G were at the mall and there he was with his family!  I KNOW.   Isn't that just like God to give us the desire of our hearts?

So they got his new address and my class has that pretty smile in it once more!  happy happy. 
And ohhhh is he smart!  He's missed so much yet was working to catch up and it wasn't much of an effort for him.  He was just reading, studying, and ready to recite in minutes.   Wow. 

I also had a new guy.  He was a good boy and fit right in.  Problem is that he can't read yet.  I'm going to have to be extra creative with him.

My only girl has missed 2 weeks in a row.  But she came with her mom at dinner time to pick up her sister.  And guess what?  She who hasn't spoken a word in 4 weeks...and I mean not a word....came up to me and asked to pass off John 3:16!  Beautiful. 

One of my favorite parts of Awana is the drive home.  My 3 daughters are chattering and catching me up on where they worked and who did what.   Lane usually works games, LB is in the kitchen, and Meg worked with 5-6th grade girls and little bitties. 

Good times.

No comments: