Isn't he cute? This is a frosting clown that LB learned to make in cake decorating class. He is entirely made of frosting except for the plastic head.
Isaiah 54:13 says "And your sons will be taught by the Lord." I have seen this over and over in my years of homeschooling. Right now it is very apparent in LB's life.
She has become very interested in cooking and sewing. Now I can cook but I can NOT sew. And I can't make anything cute out of frosting. But it doesn't matter. My friend Becky has been very sweet to take LB under her wing now and then and spend the afternoon sewing with her. And then there is FYI (craft day) at church that usually centers around either cooking or sewing. We know that on this day we will all get to glean from Leola's wisdom and craftiness. She is taking 2 different cooking classes in co-op this semester and she is also blessed with grandmothers on both sides that are very talented seamstresses. Yep, it skipped a generation.
I thought today about how perfectly timely this is. There was a season not too far back when there would've been no way I could've allowed LB to participate in these things. There were too many diapers and nap times to juggle. But it didn't matter. She didn't need it then. But now, at just the time she does God has sent the people into our lives as well as provided the time to do it.
I'm so thankful.

1 comment:
I love having her in Co-op class...some you can tell parents made them take it but she always listens and is just so sweet I wish I had time in class to teach her more cake decorating.
Post a Comment