See the new thingy on the left of my blog? I saw this on another blog and thought it was a good idea.
I have a grocery budget of $900/mo for 11 of us. We came in at $868 for March and I'm trying to beat that for April. So far I think we're doing ok at $469 b/c we have a lot of food. But I do need to buy wheat and I know that will definitely hurt the budget. We'll see....
I've enjoyed bargain shopping so much. I'm finally learning how it works and it's been fun to see the deals add up. A friend asked me last night if I thought it was helping. Right now I have to say no b/c everything I've gotten free or on sale has been stuff I don't need right now. For instance, I don't need toothpaste but I've gotten 2 free ones this month. However, as time goes on and the bargains add up I think we'll certainly see the benefits. In the meantime I love showing my family what I find and they are a good audience to "oooohhh and awwwww" for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment