Monday, April 07, 2008

This Weekend

It was a fun filled weekend indeed. Here's some of the fun....

~We finally started painting our room! Our whole house is ugly flat white. Now our room is called Oat Straw. It's sort of tanish color with shiny white trim. The trim isn't done yet and the whole room is turned upside down with the mess. It already looks better though so I can just imagine when it's done.

~Almost all of the kids' bikes had flats from riding down the thorny sledding hill. (There's a lesson in that) Honey and CT spend a good amount of time changing tire after tire. CT learned to do it by himself!

~2 soccer games = 2 wins!

~We visited with G'ma, Emo, and Mangnay.

~The girls and I went to a fancy tea party at church. It was nice but not Lane's "cup of tea" if you know what I mean. When we left, the boys were playing football in the front yard. She commented "That would've been a lot more fun!" I agree, but it's good to stretch ourselves a bit.

~I had a little time to plan some things for this week. I re-assigned jurisdictions and issues a new kitchen cleaning policy. For this week I decided to give myself some challenges to try to meet.

1. Be "On Duty" whenever the babies are up. No computer distractions or phone calls.
2. Include the little kids in my kitchen duties more.

~I hit some bargains at Walgreens.

~Church

~Almost no cooking b/c we have so many leftovers. The frige looks better now.

~A couple of soccer games in the cul-de-sac.

~Date night! We ate frozen lasagna that my mother-in-law bought for us and watched I Am Legend. Weird show.

I just noticed that Honey also posted the weekend on his blog. Nice to read his perspective.

It was a good sunny couple of days. Just in case you're wondering...hot chocolate or popsicles? It's hot chocolate! Snow and cold. You just never know.

No comments: