Monday, April 07, 2008

New Bread Recipe

My clan prefers the texture of store bought wheat bread for sandwiches instead of homemade bread. Since it will soon be sandwich/lunch box weather, I wanted to try a new bread recipe to hopefully copy the texture of the cheap store bread. This is from Laine's Letters and is pretty close.

1 C. water
2 T. oil
3 T brown sugar
1 t. salt
1 egg
1 C. WW flour
2 C. bread flour
2 1/2 t. yeast

Put all in bread machine and hit the dough cycle. Let rise in machine. Shape into loaf and rise again. Bake at 350 for 26 minutes.

This came out of the oven just in time for tea. My guys loved it. Way better than the GV bread with such a nice flavor. It rose huge and made a beautiful loaf but a little too big for sandwiches. Next time I'll divide it into 2 loaves to see if I can get a better size.

3 comments:

CandiceM said...

do you have a way to do it without a bread machine??

Anonymous said...

I've made that bread twice now and we LOVE it! However, I made it with all WW flour...it did great! I took some to the Hinkles today. Thanks for sharing! ~ Kim Hoelzeman

TagDad said...

Kim, Did you do it a bread machine?
Sandy