Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Good Deals

I have had such fun bargain shopping this week. It is one of the fun things I've discovered about living here. I am very much a student with the whole rebate/coupon thing but I wanted to share what I've learned and what bargains I've found in town for my CO friends.

Walgreens
free printer cartridge refill
free aquafresh with rebate (I also had a $2 coupon so it came out to a $2 overage)
free toothbrush w/rebate (With a $1 coupon I have a $1 overage)
Cascade $1.50...cheaper than Great Value at WM
free granola bar
deoderant $1.31 each

Rite Aid
free Colgate (on sale for $1.49. I had $1.50 coupon making it free with a .01 overage)
free conditioner or shampoo w/rebate
free shower gel w/rebate ($1.50 coupon overage)

Walmart
organic diced tomatoes (with coupon these will be .24 each)

Kroger (King Soopers) There are lots of deals here this week. Too much to type.

Here's what I've learned....

~Keep your coupons until they expire even if you don't normally use that product. You need a good coupon stash. And ya never know...

~Think outside the box when it comes to what you buy. For instance, I make my own baby wipes so I never buy them. However, if I'm ever able to buy them on sale/rebate/coupon (or with a possible overage) then I may be able to buy them cheaper than make them. Organic tomatoes is another thing that I'd never consider but at .24/can it's much better than the cheap brand. We don't normally use shower gel since bar soap is cheaper. But since I got it free, we will definitely enjoy it. I'm not at all brand sensitive so that helps. Also, some things may be given as gifts if it's not something you like for yourself.

~Not everyone can do this. It would not pay to drive all over the place to different stores if you don't live close. For me, these places are on the way to where I have to go anyway so it is no trouble or extra gas. I would not have been able to do this in AR b/c in my home town, we don't have some of these stores.

~Sams is wonderful but sometimes you can get the basics cheaper if the right deal comes along.

~The Money Saving Moms site is wonderful! Lots of good info there.

~It does not take much time but like everything else, it does help to be organized with it. I made my list, paper clipped my coupons for certain stores, and kept them all together in an envelope my purse. It's not a big deal.

Tomorrow I will go hit the KS deals since it's right there by the library (Story Time!). Then that will be all of my bargains for the week.

Check out the MSM site on my blog. Lots of coupons, freebies, and good info. Happy shopping!





No comments: