Monday, April 21, 2008

My Latest Deals

On the way to soccer tonight, Sticks and I made a quick trip to get some bargains. Little by little I am learning this whole sale/coupon/rebate game. It's quite the fun and my son loves helping me figure it all out. Today we took the calculator..a first for me..b/c I wasn't real sure about the Aveeno deal.

Here's how it went:
Walgreens

20% Aveeno + buy 4 get $10 back
So I found the smallest lotion (which I'll use for my purse) and bought four. I had coupons totalling $3.50. It came to $7 and I got $10 back. That is a $3 profit which I used to buy 2 dish soaps that were on sale and I really needed. So it all came out free with a .40 profit.

We then headed down the street to Rite Aid.
I got a free toothbrush after rebate
A free bag of chocolate after rebate
2 more toothbrushes for .25
2 Dawn dish soaps for .50 each

It was a good trip. I came home to find 3 more samples in my mailbox. I love my samples!

My total grocery bill this month is up to $705. I'm keeping my eye on it since I still have over a week to go and company coming over for dinner on Saturday. Considering we've had 3 birthdays this month, maybe it's not so bad though. Plus I haven't added up my rebates. Those will be fun to get in the mail!

No comments: