In my old house I had my spices in a little cabinet beside the stove. It was always a mess. I have a friend that alphabetizes her spices. I tried it but I couldn't keep it that way. Whenever I wanted something in the back, I would manage to mess up the whole system. So now I made a spice drawer. First I got rid of all those spices that I never really use. Then I combined all the multiple jars of the same spice. What was left fit nicely in this drawer. Now I can lay the spices down with the labels up and see at a glance what I need. It's easy to put back b/c I can just put it in the empty gap where I took it out. Plus I just like the whole organized look of it. I also put our vitamins in there hoping I'd see them more often and remember to take them. That part of it hasn't worked out yet.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
My New Spice Drawer
In my old house I had my spices in a little cabinet beside the stove. It was always a mess. I have a friend that alphabetizes her spices. I tried it but I couldn't keep it that way. Whenever I wanted something in the back, I would manage to mess up the whole system. So now I made a spice drawer. First I got rid of all those spices that I never really use. Then I combined all the multiple jars of the same spice. What was left fit nicely in this drawer. Now I can lay the spices down with the labels up and see at a glance what I need. It's easy to put back b/c I can just put it in the empty gap where I took it out. Plus I just like the whole organized look of it. I also put our vitamins in there hoping I'd see them more often and remember to take them. That part of it hasn't worked out yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment