Friday, December 21, 2007

friends

About 3 years ago Honey and our 2 older girls took a read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year class at church. It was a fairly small class with a variety of different aged folks. Our girls were the youngest but Ms. Andie welcomed them warmly. So did everyone else. Not only did they read through their Bibles in a year but my daughter also pointed out something else she learned. She said "I learned that I could have all sorts of friends of all ages." They were close to all of them and prayed for them a lot. It was a neat class.

This morning Honey and I were talking about friends. He said that I should stop thinking that I'm going to meet friends that will measure up to my ones in AR. I need to learn to make different kinds of friends. Hmmm....
My daughter's words, that I hadn't thought about for 3 years, came to mind. She is right.

Our friends in AR can never be replaced...and will never need to. But, we can look forward to new things here. New friends, new church, new family relationships. God will bring into our lives exactly who we need.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I hope that in good time God will fill your life with women that build you up as a Christian wife and mom...

Anonymous said...

amen, to the post and to Emily's hopes.

I've also gotta say, when I was young, I was often sad by my lack of good gal friends. I never have had many my age. I have several younger female friends now (mostly on line, and several at church). It took me years to appreciate younger friends, when all the other teens hung out with peers...
I always wanted a girl I could share everything with- all my secrets and dreams.
I found my best friend in an unlikely place, a quiet homeschool boy who liked to read and write.
Of course, I mean Luke. He's the friend I dreamed of having... Not a girl, but I'm okay with that :^)
But I only discovered that he and some certain younger girls (meggy, you are included!) could be such good friends after I stopped looking for the friend I thought I wanted. I wanted good things! But God had what He knew I needed in forms that surprised me...
He really is amazing. God, I mean. Though Luke is also...
~Lana