Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gingerbread Fun

We finally got to do the gingerbread house today. What a big fun that was! I had everyone dress in red, green, or white so that the pictures would look good. And don't you know that just when I learned to post them by myself something changed and now I can't. Where's my teenager???.... Ok I guess pix will come later.

So anyway, we open it up and all the littles are delighting over the little bags of candies. Immediately one bag somehow got a hole in it. Hmmm.

Bird took a bite out of the chimney then licked the gingerbread man all over so no one wanted to eat him. Isn't she smart?

My son was the total boss of the show.

#1 took the pictures I can't figure out how to post.

Everyone took turns at everything except Bird who just sat in the middle of table eating her man.

The house would not stay together with the icing glue. Of course no one was patient enough to hold it till it dried.

#1 was calling for duct tape.

The littles didn't care, they just wanted to decorate it with the candies or squirt the icing in their mouths. This simply would not do for my son. He says "You can't decorate it if it won't stay up. It's like you guys are buying couches when your whole house is falling down!"

Finally #1 passed off the camera and did an Extreme Home Makeover. Ta da! It stood...even against the storm of the little Taggs.

It didn't have to stand long, just long enough for Dad to see when he came home for lunch. Then it was quickly divided up and devoured.

It was a ton of noise and laughter!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a ton of fun! Aw. Sugar rush!