Last night we went to a Christmas program at our church. This is such a little church with few members. What a great job they did! It was very simple with only about 6 actors. Each one came forward in character and explained how Jesus had worked in his life. One was Matthew, another was Martha, there was a shepherd, and maybe someone else, I don't remember. But the last was the best of all.
A lady came forward just as herself and gave her testimony. I have NEVER heard a testimony like this one. You would never think that so many horrible things could happen to any one person in a life time. She cried through the whole thing and so did I.
We "met" a lady on Craigslist who is raising a 3yo grandson whose momma just died in Feb. She has had to sell most of her furniture to make ends meet. She has no money for gifts for her grandson but only wanted to be able to give him a real bed. They are sleeping on sleeping bags on the floor.
Checking out at the grocery store, I struck up a conversation with the clerk. She mentioned not being in the Christmas spirit for the last 2 years. I asked her why. She told me of the pain of her recent divorce. She is trying to make things good for her 12yo son.
There are so many hurting people in this world. How wonderful that there is more than this! Jesus came to set us free. To break the chains. To heal our sins. To give us hope and a future. Thank you Jesus! Please bless these people who have crossed our paths this year. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment