"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Phil. 2:3-4
Imagine how peaceful the world would be if we'd all obey this verse. Husbands and wives would love each other, siblings would not bicker, broken relationships would be healed, the workplace would be pleasant.
This is what I shall work on with my family this week. The verse goes on to say that our example should be Jesus. He gave Himself up for us and took on the nature of a servant.
It should start with me. How can I make myself more of a servant to my family? One thing comes to mind right away.
In our house, nobody likes making drinks. It's certainly not hard to hold a cup up to the fridge to fill with water. But everybody hates it. What if I served my family this week and made all the drinks myself? It's a little thing but still one that will serve others and hopefully train my heart to put down selfishness.
As I work on this with my children, I'm going to ask God to show me practical ways to deny myself and consider others first.
No comments:
Post a Comment