Monday, July 06, 2009

Ezekiel's Words

Ever have trouble with the words of your mouth? I sure do. And maybe it isn't even the words themselves as the tone in which I spit them out. In any case, I often find myself hurting others and disappointed with what I just said.

I'm reading in Ezekiel again. What a guy! And what a hard lot was cast upon him. And what? No whining. No griping. No complaining. Just following the Lord and obeying each new thing. My favorite thing in the book of Eze is when God caused Ezekiel's tongue to stick to the roof of his mouth and he would not talk apart from what God said.

What a gift! How I wish the Lord would do that to me. Never an unkind word. Never harsh or sarcastic. Never whining or complaining. Just pouring forth the words of God from my very lips.

Ezekiel had it so good.

3 comments:

your husband said...

People would be grossly offended by your every word. You would be considered harsh and without love or mercy. Judgemental is the word that comes to mind. I doubt there are many that really want to hear the word of the Lord...especially coming through another person.

your wife said...

You are right. However, there would never be a doubt that what you said would be pleasing to God.

Your Husband said...

Correct and that's what is important..Just saying that the world doesn't want to hear it.